Penetrating Sealer is an economical, no sheen, water based penetrating / impregnating sealer for all porous natural stone, tile & grout surfaces. Formulated to provide excellent protection. Perfect for very porous stone and tile.
Penetrating Sealer Key Features:
- Excellent stain protection
- May be used as a pre-grouting sealer
- Allows moisture vapour transmission
- No-sheen natural look
- Easy to use
- Water-based, non VOC formula
- Lasts up to 5 years
Suitable Tile Types:
As a natural look sealer for all porous natural stone surfaces (such as sandstone, slate, marble, limestone, granite, bluestone / basalt) unglazed tiles, porcelain tiles, clay pavers, concrete, brick, masonry, terracotta and grout. For interior and exterior use.
- Do not allow product to come in contact with any non-recommended surface
- If product is allowed to dry on surface, a white film may form. If this occurs, scrub surface with Aqua Mix® NanoScrub® and a white nylon pad
- Sealer will not prevent surface wear or etching from acids or caustic chemicals
- Note: Aqua Mix® Ultra-Solv® or Sealer’s Choice® Gold are recommended in place of Penetrating Sealer in food preparation areas or where maximum stain protection is required
Surface should be dry, clean and free of waxes, sealers or finishes. New installations need to dry 48 hours before application. Protect surrounding surfaces. Test product in an inconspicuous area to ensure desirable results.
Exterior applications must meet moisture conditions – read CUSTOM Technical Bulletin 49 for details.
USE CHEMICAL-RESISTANT GLOVES, such as nitrile, when handling product. Read entire label before using. Apply using a cotton mop, paint pad applicator, roller or brush. Allow it to penetrate for up to 5 minutes. Wipe surface completely dry using dry cotton, paper towels or microfiber towels after each application. Porous surfaces may require additional applications. Conduct a test to see if surface is completely sealed after 2 hours by applying drops of water on the surface. If it penetrates, an additional application is necessary.
- Allow 30 minutes drying time between applications.
- Ready for surface traffic in 2 hours.
- Keep dry for 12 hours.
- Achieves a full cure in 24 hours.
Cleaning of equipment
Clean tools with mineral spirits after use
Penetrating Sealer Data Sheets:
946ml, 3.8L, 19L.
Approx Coverage m2 per/L:
|Bluestone / Basalt||20-25m2||12-15m2||8-12m2|